- Director of Electronic Media at the University of Nevada Intercollegiate Athletics (2009-Present) – produce and publish multimedia content for nevadawolfpack.com, oversee television production, direct and manage in-stadium video boards and oversee live online broadcasting sports events.
- Multimedia instructor at the University of Nevada’s Reynolds School of Journalism (2007-Present) – work with journalism students to learn basic skills in photography, photo editing, audio capture and editing, online publishing and design, and video production.
- Internship mentor for the University of Nevada’s Reynolds School of Journalism (2011-Present) – work with broadcast and visual media students to produce video content through visual storytelling.
- Master of Arts in Journalism from The University of Nevada, Reno (2006-2007) – Masters program focusing on using online interactivity to facilitate better journalism. We built a website that housed projects and ran some original stories in an effort to engage the public at Lake Tahoe. The program won an award for innovation in 2007.
- Bachelor of General Studies from The University of Nevada, Reno (1993-2004) – I started as a traditional student and lightened my class load after starting a family. I worked full-time for several years until returning to school in 2001 to complete my degree.
- Web technology – I have served as webmaster of mrjerz.org and various iterations since 1997. I studied interactivity and worked with content management and databases in graduate school. In early 2008, I launched Traveling Nevada as part of my work for the Nevada Commission on Tourism.
- Marketing – I am a member of the marketing department at the Nevada Commission on Tourism and play a role in website content, social media, promoting various events and locations through the blog Traveling Nevada, shooting photos and video and the overall marketing effort.
- Television production – I worked in production for five years prior to graduate school, gaining experience in shooting, editing, writing, graphics, studio producton, live direction, and audio.
- Photography – I have worked as a freelance photographer for three years. I am experienced shooting live sports, portraits, products, events, and news style.
- Customer relations and management – I spent six years in a retail banking environment, working up to branch manager. I handled a staff of 15 in a sales and service setting and was also responsible for compliance with banking regulations.
- Interactive Media Manager at The Nevada Commission on Tourism in Carson City, Nevada (2007-2009)
- Freelance Photographer for Silver and Blue Outfitters (2006-2009)
- On-air Promotions Coordinator at KNPB Channel 5 in Reno, Nevada (2001-2006).
- Branch Manager at Wells Fargo in Reno, Nevada (1995-2001).
Honors and Awards
- Had a photo selected as the cover for the 80th Anniversary edition of Nevada Lawyer.
- Have had several photos run in Nevada Magazine.
- Have had several photos run in Nevada Silver and Blue.
- Have Spoken three times to local business groups in Reno, Nevada about emerging web technologies and social media.
- Write an ongoing column on blogging for a local trade newsletter.